Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Our organisation collects a range of information about you during our recruitment process, including:
• Your name and contact details.
• Your qualifications, experience, skills and employment history.
• Whether you have the right to work in the UK.
• Your current salary and benefits.
• Whether you have a disability for which we need to make reasonable adjustments during our recruitment procedure.
We will collect this information from your CV and covering letter, completed job application from, exam certificates, passport or other identity documents and interviews. We will then store the information on our internal IT systems and also in paper form in our HR department. We may share the information internally for recruitment purposes with our directors, HR and IT teams and the recruitment team.
We may also obtain information from, and share your information with, former employers to obtain references
We will not share your data with any other third parties or transfer it outside the European Economic Area.
If your application is unsuccessful, we may keep your information on file for up to a year in case we have any future job opportunities for you.
We will ask for your consent to do this and you are free to withhold this consent or withdraw it at any time.
Why We Handle Your Personal Data
We need to process various types of information about you to:
• Take the necessary steps before entering into a contract with you.
• Comply with our legal obligations, such as checking your right to work in the UK before employment starts.
• Fulfil our legitimate business interests, including being able to manage the recruitment process, assess your suitability for the role and decide whether to employ you. We also need to retain your data to defend ourselves against any legal claims.
• We also need to process some ‘special categories’ of data. These include information necessary for equal opportunities monitoring and information about any disabilities so we can make any reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process [as well as information about any criminal convictions]. This is necessary for us to perform our obligations and exercise specific rights related to employment.
Data Retention and Protection
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, we will keep your data on file for 6 months. If you consent to us keeping your information in case of further job opportunities, we will retain it for another 6 months or until you withdraw your consent.
If your application is successful, we will issue you with a new privacy notice setting out how long we will keep your personal information.
We have strict policies and controls in place to prevent the loss, accidental destruction, misuse or disclosure of your data.
Your Rights and Obligations
Under data protection laws, you have the right to:
• Obtain a copy of your data if you wish.
• Ask us to amend incorrect or out-of-date data.
• Ask us to erase or stop processing your data if it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for its original purpose.
• Object to us processing your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the legal basis for processing.
• Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that we have breached your data protection rights.
You are not obliged to provide any data to the organisation during the recruitment process. However, if you do not, we will not be able to process your application properly, if at all.
Automated Decision Making
We do not base our recruitment decisions solely on automated decision-making.
Data Protection Officer, Puckator Ltd Lowman Works, East Taphouse, Liskeard, Cornwall, PL14 4NQ.
You can contact our Data Protection Office via post on the address above, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I have read and consent to my personal data, as detail above, being held and utilised by Puckator for the purposes stated.
Signed: ………………………………………………………………. Date: ………………………………….